Webinar: How to conduct an effective independent internal investigation?
Event Code :
Professor CHO, an Expert Speaker in Legal and Compliance, will explain:
- The Legal and Regulatory Framework, governing the conduct of independent internal investigation by a listed corporation in Hong Kong;
- An outline of civil and criminal procedures relating to the conduct of an independent investigation by the Audit Committee ; and
- Best Practices in the implementation of an effective whistleblowing policy for listed companies in Hong Kong.
Case studies will be discussed to illustrate the roles and responsibilities of corporate officers in those situations and how they can manage the crisis for the benefit of the company. References will be made to local and overseas cases on internal investigations and whistleblowing cases.
Prof. Cho Chi Kong,
Non-Practicing Barrister, LLB( Hons.) London CFE FHKIMoD
- Since the inception of ICAC in 1974, Prof. Cho has investigated major fraud and corruption offences initially as an Assistant Investigator and later as a Chief Investigator.
- Prof. Cho is the former President of Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Hong Kong Chapter and the Co-author of a Guidebook on Fraud Risk Management titled “A practical approach to detection and prevention of fraud”.
- He has conducted independent internal investigations into alleged fraud and illegal practices for Audit Committees of listed companies in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- He is the Founder and Chairman of CK CHO Limited, providing advisory services on due diligence investigation; internal investigation litigation support and conducting training on fraud risk management; Personal Data Privacy; Trade Descriptions Ordinance ; Anti-Corruption and Anti-money Laundering programme since 2008. He also served as In-house Legal Counsel.
- During 2016 to 2020 Prof. Cho delivered post-graduate courses in Corporate Governance and Regulatory Framework at the School of Accounting and Finance, Hong Kong Polytechnic University as a full time Professor of Practice (Law)
- He is an Independent Non-Executive Director of two listed companies in Hong Kong under Stock Code 8456 and 8311
||07:00 PM - 08:30 PM
Registration period expired
Receipt and Confirmation will be sent to your email right after payment or you can download it from My Account - Attendance Reocrd - Entrance Code
Please download handout and certificate on My account - Attendance Record.
This video is prepared for educational purpose only. Once you enroll and register for the CPD certificate, you agree that you have already watched the whole video.
ADF is not responsible for verifying your viewing of the whole video.