1. In the first part, Mr. Kim Man Wong will offer his perspective on HKFRS16 - Lease from a financial statement preparer point of view. He would cover its scope, impact, definition of lease, identifying a lease contract, recognition exemptions, accounting for lessor & lessee, discount rate determination, etc.
2. Then Mr. Jacky Lai will provide an update on new/revised accounting standards which will impact consumer products sector in Hong Kong.
3. Mr. Calvin Tse will also share on the recent challenges to Hong Kong Food & Beverage enterprises and how he moves from a CPA to an entrepreneur. Each sharing session will be about 45 minutes.
Mr. Webster Ng will chair the seminar and the panel discussion afterwards. Also, he will talk about how SMPs supporting HK enterprises, in view of all these changes and challenges.
1. Mr. Kim Man Wong is currently the Chief Financial Officer of Hong Kong Electric Investments. He has over 30 years of experience in financial management and accounting in Hong Kong and other countries. He holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business Administration. He is also a member of HKICPA. He has actively involved in accounting education and professional development all these years. He is currently the Chairman of Accountancy Advisory Board of Lingnan University and the Chairman of Professional Development Committee of HKICPA. He is also a Panel Convenor of the Financial Reporting Review Panel of Financial Reporting Council.
2. Mr. Jacky Lai is an Assurance Partner at Ernst & Young. He has over 20 years of experience in providing professional services to clients from different markets and in a wide range of industries, including retail and consumer products, food and beverage, environmental energy, entertainment, construction, and manufacturing. He has extensive experience with Initial Public Offerings, including advising on cross border listing procedures, as well as assisting state-owned enterprises with pre-IPO restructuring. Jacky is currently a member of the Professional Development Committee, the Professional Conduct Committee and core member of the “CPA for NGOs” Program of the HKICPA. In addition, Jacky is the Honorary Vice President of the Advisory Board of Accounting Students’ Society at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. He is an advisor to the Hong Kong Internet and E-Commerce Association and is a member of the Young Committee of the Chinese General Chamber of Commerce.
3. Mr. Calvin Tse, a fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, graduated from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and then joined KPMG for his career. Further, he received a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of London and completed Master of Law at Renmin University of China. Since 2010, Calvin has become a serial entrepreneur in different industries. He is the awardee of HSBC Youth Business Award. Currently, he is the founder and CEO of Kam Kee Holdings Limited, which has over 600 employees and around 20 restaurants. Apart from running his own business, Calvin also devotes his time in the community. He is a frequent speaker in seminars and conferences related to business start-up and entrepreneurship. He is an adjunct professor for business administration, the president of Hong Kong General Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs and charter president of a rotary club. He is also the committee member of various Food & Beverages associations, accounting bodies and statutory board of the HK and mainland government.
About the Chairman:
Webster NG, Director, ADF Being the proprietor and founder of Webster Ng & Co., Mr. Ng is a fellow Certified Public Accountant (Practising). He is currently the Vice-President of the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (TIHK) and President of Hong Kong Institute of Accredited Accounting Technicians Limited (HKIAAT), as well as the Council Member of The Society of Chinese Accountants and Auditors (SCAA) and Director of Accounting Development Foundation (ADF). Mr. Ng is member of Taxation Policy Committee of TIHK and has been awarded as Honorary Council member of the China Certified Tax Agents Association (CCTAA).
||11:00 AM - 01:00 AM|
||Meeting Room S221 , Level 2, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Expo Drive, Wanchai, Hong Kong|
CPD Hours: Completed CPD hours will be granted to attendees who have attended a full session of seminar. For those who have not attended full session, the number of CPD hours will be discounted accordingly. For the exact recognition of the CPD hours, please check with the respective Institute or Association. Bad Weather Arrangement: This event may be cancelled or re-scheduled when typhoon no.8 or black rainstorm warning is hoisted. Please refer to our website www.ADF.hk for the arrangement. Organizer: Accounting Development Foundation Limited (ADF)
CPD Requirements: Our seminars can fulfill CPD requirements. As professional bodies would not formally endorse the seminars we provide, it does not mean that the events we organize do not meet the CPD purpose. Registrants should note that you are responsible for determining whether our seminars or any event satisfy your CPD requirements i.e. that the training you receive are of appropriate standard and relevance to your maintaining and enhancing the technical knowledge and professional expertise. If necessary, please check with your respective professional body before registering our seminars. ADF does not warrant that the attendance of our seminars or events would automatically be recognized by the respective professional bodies as fulfilling your CPD requirements.
Enrolment - This seminar will be opened for enrolment on 20 September 2019 at 11:00am. The "Login to Enrol" button is NOT available before 20 September 2019 at 11:00am. - Only ADF Friends and online enrolment will be accepted. Please make sure that you have registered as an ADF Friend and have your ADF Friend account activated before enrolment. - You may also click here to read the enrolment procedures. - Acceptance will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Our server may experience high volume of traffic and cannot process your registration immediately. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and your kind understanding is highly appreciated.